SUPPORTING THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES
One of Atman Festival constant and most important project has been to provide solid help to the Sri Lankan community.
Parts of the proceedings from the sale of the festival tickets are donated to the German NGO “Stop Staring Start Caring” e.V. which focuses its work on helping children in need, small local communities and religious groups to develop their structures and facilities for the local population.
Thanks to the last Festival edition, we had the possibility to provide several important donations, follows a list of some of the most relevant:
• support to Orphanage for the disabled children “Meth Sewa Foundation”
• renovation of the school of Lunama and Ambalantota district
• renovation of the children park at Nonegama
• donation of backpacks and school materials for all the children of the village of Ussangoda
• donation to Valiamma Ashram for the creation of an extra school
• donation to a family for kidney transplant for their daughter
• cleaning the area around the festival in the Ussangoda National Park
All this was possible thanks to your support, so the biggest thanks goes to all of you! We are now working on the new donation project for the 2021 edition. You will soon receive new information about it, stay tuned!
For more information about the NGO please click on the following link: